Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Song Request-Bob Seger “Old Time Rock and Roll”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

http://youtu.be/RJNgEZyEeh8 HEY JOHNNY: I couldn’t help but think how awesome this song would sound with you playing it on the Tenor Saxophone! I hope to eventually get there; I can growl on my Alto but am working on growling while being able to growl while playing through several notes. I look how you do that on “Honky Tonk” and “Peter Gunn Theme song” and that would equate to lots of sore throats for many of us 🙂

john
      Keymaster

Ya, growling should be done a little at a time when starting it cause you can get a soar throat if overdoing it.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Johnny: I think you would play a KILLER Saxophone version of this song–a song that would be in high demand from guys who are looking to learn how to play it on the Saxophone. I did a google search and there are LOADS of inquires of people wanting to know where they can find backtrack/sheet music for the Tenor Saxophone to learn to play it–awesome song in any era. It’s one of those songs that I think goes almost exclusively to the Tenor. So, so many of us absolutely LOVE that dirty, rock and roll type of Music. I saw a post on youtube for your Peter Gunn song by on guy who said it was easily the best version he had seen on youtube of that song. Call me biased but I have to agree 🙂

john
          Keymaster

I get lots of personal requests here, in emails and on Youtube because people are very inspired by the saxophone and their personal likes etc.
            If I were to take action on all these requests it would be a full time job for little to no pay.
            I am too busy with other work and projects to even do the songs I want to do so you have to understand there’s no way I can take personal requests like this.
            The good news is since this is a very popular song no one should have any problems finding a karaoke backing track for it and even though it might not be so great it would be very cheap or even free.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

At least you know we’re are very inspired by your playing 🙂 and completely understandable for what you can and can’t do. This may be something I would like to tackle for the blog within a year; would be a great fun for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.