Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Stand By Me…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

Having fun with backing tracks from Johnny’s music page, trying to make the best of not leaving the house. I gave Stand By Me a go this morning. My tenor needs some work, unfortunately my tech isn’t taking any business until this mess is over. Oh well.

Stand By Me – Or Not!

Mel
      Participant

Good job!

john
        Keymaster

nice Mike…good mix too, what’s your recording set up now?

Pete
          Participant

Another nice one Mike, you have a great sound going on, love it***

Mike Potter
            Participant

Thank you all! Just trying to keep busy, I spent some time cleaning up my little music room and picking out a few backing tracks to play along with during the isolation! I record using a AKG 420 mic into a presonus tube preamp and a Scarlet 2i2 interface & I use Logic Pro X software. I’m still looking for a better mic (reasonably priced!). Any suggestions?

randy hunter
              Participant

Like that groove. Very nice.

randy hunter
                Participant

I use the akg 220 and akg p170. Two tube preamps into Scarlett 2i2. Your mic is better. A friend had me try two mics at the same time. Cakewalk DAW is free and KA. Just pan one hard left and the other hard right. I do invert on one preamp. Just an idea that I used on “At Last”.

Mike Potter
                  Participant

Thanks Randy, a friend recommended a Sterling ST170 active ribbon mic. He does quite a bit of recording and said for the money they are a good mic for brass & woodwinds. I checked the price and guitar center had them on sale for $179. I ordered one, it’ll be interesting to see how it compares. He also recommended the Rode NT1 but I didn’t want to spend what they cost.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.