Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership unavailable parts in premium membership

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@Simon – Just use software to slow down the backing track. I do this quite often, it makes for error free playing. Then when you can error free play at a slower speed, then increase the speed by a small increment, and master it, and keep doing that until you get up to full speed.

If you cant play error free at a slow speed, then its very difficult to play error free at a faster speed.

One of the things that surprised me, was my teacher said to me to practice every piece at various speeds, not just the recommended speed, as this benefit you more, when it comes to playing in a band.

Louis
      Participant

I agree with you Simon! This membership is a great tool for all of us.

Just some advice on my end, as I sometimes have the issue of wanting to play fast, but end up making a sloppy sounding mess, is to go back to the basics, and sit down with a metronome. I have one for free from an app on my phone. I start very slow, and work on each note, and work on the articulation as well. Then speed it up in little increments. For me, this method helps make it into muscle memory, and really makes playing the difficult song more enjoyable! For example, Johnny has an awesome arrangement of Pick Up the Pieces! I have always wanted to learn that song, but had issues where I would want to rush and miss some of the notes. The metronome fixed that problem and helped me with my fingering technique!
        🙂

jake
        Participant

$19 won’t even get you 30 minutes with an instructor.
          Great deal!!!
          I’ve been a part of other premium sites. Hopefully you will do some live online master class sessions in the future where you have your premium members play and talk about issues and give live advice while other member watch. So much learning for everyone!!

john
          Keymaster

ya Jake for sure. just spent the last few months setting all this up so now I need to catch up with the music stuff and we’ll start talking about that idea soon after.

john
            Keymaster

@Simon….yes!

Tim56
              Participant

Are you kidding me? Less than a dollar a day for all that is here! Amazing how some people are? I have been with Johnny for 5 years! I started way late! 75 and counting. I did one of his scales lessons today. The one that he said he used hen he started. Great. Nice way to approach the scales. I even upped the tempo and got it! Yeha! Tim

john
                Keymaster

now with your eyes closed Tim!

Tim56
                  Participant

Yep Johnny, eyes closed most of the time by the way!

Tim56
                    Participant

Johnny: After seeing your post, All the C scales, eyes closed. Oh yeah!

john
                      Keymaster

Memorizing can take a while but when done, that’s when it can sound better. I’m able to memorize anything, as long as I play it a billion times everyday for several months.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.