Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? Upper notes D# and higher are flat on tenor; ideas/tips?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here’s something to think about..

years ago when i first started playing the sax, there were the odd days when i played the sax, and i was making unintentional high pitched squeaking noises on some keys. The obvious approach for me was to either tighten up my embouchure or change the reed or clean the spit out of my mouthpiece – result the squeaks stopped.

That approach was ‘how to stop the squeaking’.

A couple weeks ago (light bulb) instead of doing a lot of randon things to stop the squeeking why not deliberately try to make intentional high pitched squeaks while playing, that way i should then have a better idea of what was the underlying cause, giving more control over the sax.

I then discovered a very easy was to make the mouthpiece squeak on its own, while just playing the mouthpiece..

food for thought

brother cavefish
      Participant

LOL, i get you, instead of studying counterfeit dollars , study the dollar itself then you know all the fakes period, , in my case i never really failed on my MPs, per say, my teeth never was an issue, i think i am in-between double embouchure and no embouchure either way i have had few issues as far as MPs go, i tried teeth and it does not feel right to me anyway

Alejandro Lazaga
        Participant

Johnny I have an old sax wich does not have a F# key, how can I reach that one? Thanks!!!!

john
          Keymaster

Alejandro, play the high F with the fork position right hand, and with the left hand add the F and bottom side palm key
            if you’re not familiar with the high F fork fingering there’s a finger chart in the Blog section that shows it with a diagram (the high F is the very last one on the page)

The Complete Saxophone Fingering Chart

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.