Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces What should I get?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #9388
    Alex Tillett

      I play tenor(YTS-62) in my highschool band and I am currently using a Yamaha 4C that is nearing its end. I want a dark, round tone. I mostly play classical music. What should I get?


        Selmer makes some really good ones for what I think you may be looking for…
        the S-80 and S-90 (S-90 has a bigger chamber making for a darker sound)
        Also the Selmer LT which stands for Larry Teal who was one of the biggest names in classical saxophone.
        Vandoren also makes some good ones, most notably the V5 and the Optimum.

      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.