Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Which Guardella will you be buying?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    wayne wojnarowski
    Participant

Johnnie I don’t know where to post this it keeps telling me looks like I said that already, I know I babble to much right.I’m guessing we can apply the Major Improve technique to Mercy Mercy Mercy what key do you do it in, it stays in 1 key right? Johnnie would you ever teach online? probably to busy right, I was thinking of moving into your neighborhood so I could pick up some lessons from you. I really like your sound on soprano . How bout some easy blues rock stuff for alto?

john
      Keymaster

haha sxpoet you’re helping with our inventory! that’s great but I wish you had my email requests as well!!
        actually there are a few others who I’m communicating with over email that are not on this forum.
        speaking of which guys, I am trying to set up the ordering page but the shipping details are a hurdle now as we’re dealing with different countries and my existing shopping cart software was not equipted for this (and Paypal was no help).
        anyways I have received a couple confirmations as to the model and I’ll get the rest soon and carry on with this order.
        so make up your minds and please be patient and we’ll get them soon.

wayne wojnarowski
        Participant

Johnnie were the heck do I post this can we use the methods of Major Improve for Mercy mercy what key is it in it stays in one key yes? would you ever teach on line?? I would further compliment you on your soprano playing but the computer won’t let me good Ego Check LOL

john
          Keymaster

hey wayne I saw your other post somewhere already and explained about the improve scale etc.
            I did some one-on-one skype lessons but am not doing them right now.
            I’ll be looking into the group webinars where a few of us can get some time online and do something that way.

Dazza
            Participant

Feeling good. Sold my four current mouthpieces today for $350 so I am almost there for my MB II. Can someone fix the exchange rate as it is killing me at present! One Aussie dollar buys US70 Cents. Arrrggghh.

john
              Keymaster

The Canadian dollar isn’t doing much better!
                BTW, I’ll have an update for those Guardala mp’s soon.
                hey Dazza, weren’t there any takers for your kind mp offer?

Dazza
                Participant

Nope. Your new DG MP offer trumped mine it seems! Perhaps most have passed the point of needing these or already have them and are looking ahead to the next type much like me. I sold them back to the guy I bought them off for 75% of what it cost me so I’m happy. Oh, and feelgood story No. 2 for the day….wife gets a $10K pay rise today. Niiiccceee. Come to pappa Mr Brecker!

RRafael
                  Participant

I’m feeling really pumped up right now as I just bought the MB2 Fat Boy. Just curious to know if anybody else has pulled the trigger and bought one?or received one yet? If so how do ya’ll like it? Also about how long is the ETA? Hopefully not too long.

Anonymous

i play alto and bought the king a year ago, wouldn’t mind getting the crescent later on, but here in the uk – i would have to pay an xtra import fee for anything from outside the euro zone when it arrives in the uk.

but my daughter could be going to munich for 4 weeks – could get her to buy me one there.

can’t wait to hear members playing their mouthpieces when they get them. It’s a shame JF csn’t sell the winslow ligatures to tenor players on his site as well.

Dazza
                      Participant

RRafael – I took the plunge on a MBII and awaiting delivery! Only a few more sleeps til Santa comes! You would have received an email from JF now I’d say advising of the order process. I have gone and bought a few more varieties of reeds on line on JF’s advice in slighlty lower strengths to cope with the jump. It’s a sure bet that if currently playing a 21/2 then that won’t be immediately possible of the MB. I am also going to try the Plasticover as well. I have prepared myself to not expect a miracle on the first day. Like my sax development to date it’s a journery and so will the growth into the new MP. This of course goes against all the advice you read about buying mouthpieces which is try before you buy! My hope is that if you acquire the best you will get the best out of you and it eventually. I am sure if I purchased a Ferrari it would take time to learn how to drive it to it’s full potential. Time will tell……

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.