Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video white christmas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

recorded on my i-touch, only been practicing once every second day, sax playing has
      gone downhill while doing an art course, just finished the second assignment

http://fav.me/dbw7k50
      http://fav.me/dbwovbc

so more time for practicing now…

john
      Keymaster

your tone is getting very nice and smooth!
        your reading (timing) is off…what I do is tap my foot and really pay attention to the note values.

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny, i need a lot lot more practice timing wise, another 10 years…

brother cavefish
          Participant

i think you would be much happier with tenor, personal input , i had an alto, it did not work with what tunes i liked, personally i think alto is more professional and classical band stuff, i think it lacks emotions, for the stuff i play anyway, i like ballads, background blues, sleezy greasy stuff, dog died, girl left stuff– never liked band music —–if i wanted big band clarinet- if i was to go high i would do soprano Kenny G stuff, but with a dark MP

john
            Keymaster

I think you’re just not paying enough attention to the note values….you can obviously read the music. like I say, do more toe tapping starting slow and steady, this works for me.

@brother
              cavefish – it’s not the instrument that dictates the emotion it’s the player….eg: any one can play as emotionaly on an alto sax as they can on a tenor or any other one. check out some blues played by altoists Cannonball Adderly, Earl Bostic or Edgar Winters

brother cavefish
              Participant

i fully understand, but for me it was just too bright and i could not get the satisfaction , i guess it all goes to the choice ones makes in the instrument in general, trumpet for instance, great instrument jazz or rock or ballads , not for me, its all ones choice for the feelings they want to express, when i am mellow i choose NAF flutes, my imput anyway

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny, it takes me at least a week to get in time with a new backing track – practice is the key.

Thanks BC, its too late in life for me to swap to a Tenor, i must admit some tunes do sound better suited to a Tenor.

Pete
                  Participant

Hi Sxpoet
                    It is never to late, I went from alto to tenor when I reached 60+
                    you wont regret it.

brother cavefish
                    Participant

got me a sweet tenor at 55

Anonymous

Thanks Pete, Bc – i guess it’s never too late.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.