Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire wild week end

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

man luv that new one – kicks butt , great beat on it.

mercy – love the tenor sax sound – the way you put that together reminds me of the beatles early years! Not many people can touch them, some of the stuff they came out with – they opened doors to rooms in the mind that you didn’t think existed like a snake charmer charms a snake. Could be wrong but it Sounds like it was played on the fat boy mouthpiece?

Soon as i’ve got all the tracks put on my mac that i backed up from the Pc i got rid of, i’ll be able to buy the rest of your latest tracks! Keep em coming!!

Into some serious classical playing at the moment – but looking at the grass on the other side and hearing some of your new stuff – i’ll have to get the king out & give it a blast!
      But for me the main focus is now the timing! i’ve spent 2 1/2 years on the sound and i’ve got the sound i want for the time being. Like liebman says – its all about the sound. rockon

john
      Keymaster

Alright thanks.
        yes I used the Fatboy on Mercy and wild weekend which felt good on these 2 very different styles.
        one was soulful and slow and the other just an old rocker but could get that nasty tone I like so very versatile for me anyway.
        I’m pressing on with as much recording as I can while it’s heavy rain season here cause when it gets warmer I know I’ll be starting other projects outdoors.

Anonymous

when you played mercy – i felt sure it sounded very like the fat boy you demo’d in the 4 mouthpieces. I can’t believe it actually recognised the right mouthpiece.

john
          Keymaster

ya it was the fatboy. I was trying to play that tune when the mp’s arrived and so had already started messing with a recording using my MBI but then switched over to the fatboy and I was happily surprised how fuller it was and actually easier to hit those low B’s and D’s. as much as I love my MBI it has always been a little hard to hit this low B’s, without barking of course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.