Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire You Don’t Bring Me Flowers

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

While practicing “Bridge Over Troubled Water” I’m also blowing “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers” in the key of G major on my tenor sax. I have it in various keys e.g F major, D major. I prefer to blow it in G major but I don’t have a backing track in the key of F major. Maybe Johnny will post “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers” later this year. In the meantime I”ll just solo it in G major
      William

Anonymous

i use an Ap called Anytune Pro. This Ap allows me to transpose the music to play in different pitches by raising or lowering the music by semitones.

Ex i can make piano music sound in the same key as the Alto, i often use it to make a Tenor backing track play back as an Alto backing track.
        I have gone as far as changing a track into all 12 major keys and then exported each track separately creating the same track in all 12 major keys. So even if you don’t have a track in the major scale you need, there are lots of software existing out there that will create a copy of a track in a different key.

I’ve also used this Ap in the past to slow down a backing track when practicing as some difficult backing tracks are too fast, and you need more practice time to get up to speed.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/anytune-pro/id478293637

RockinRobin
        Participant

SX Poet
          I’m interested in the Ap Anytune Pro so how do I use it. I have the sheet music and Karaoke backing tracks. How do I get the backing track in the key of F major and store it in GarageBand
          William

RockinRobin
          Participant

sx poet. i could not buy or get anytune pro on the computer because of pass words et. I could and dit get iReal Pro.
            William

Anonymous

the Anytunes Pro Ap is for the ipad, i’m not sure if there is a version for the mac computer.

1 i copy all my tracks onto my ipad
              2 then i open the Anytunes Pro Ap on my ipad
              3 then i find the track in the list of songs or albums (if you’ve put the track in an album) and load the track into the Ap
              4 in the Ap where it displays “b 0.00 semi #” you can lower the pitch of the track by touching the “b” symbol or you can raise the pitch of the track by touching the “#” symbol. What you do is keeping touching one of the symbols, until the track sounds in the same key as your sax.
              5 at the top of the screen there is an icon you can touch which will allow you to share the track. you can then export and save the track in the “FILES” folder on your ipad
              6 then open garage band and load the track you saved in your “files” folder.

Most of the time, i play the track in the Anytunes Pro Ap through speakers via “blue touth” as the “Ap” is more user friendly than garage band ie i can start and stop, or loop around sections of the track i want to practice far easier, also i can slow the track down in the Ap. You can also export the track to the “Files” folder that’s played at a lower speed. So you could load a lower speed track into garage band and record your sax.

it’s a long winded process

RockinRobin
              Participant

I can get anytune pro on some kind of of iPad which I don’t have
                William

Anonymous

i think the Ap for the apple mac is called anytune mac

Anonymous
                    Anonymous
                      RockinRobin
                      Participant

Thanks sx poet
                        I got the ap. I loaded the backing track “You don’t bring me flowers nd went up 5 semitones to F major from C major. Didn’t sound right
                        William

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.