Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire You Don’t Bring Me Flowers

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Try increasing the number semitones again, sometimes you have to go even higher, the semitones changes the pitch not the actual key of the track. (in music 3 semitones changes between concert key and alto key, which isn’t always the case in the Ap, as the Ap it is altering the pitch, so ex sometimes 7 semitones in the Ap could change between concert and alto – trial and error as it gradually changes the pitch of the track)

I find not all my tracks use the same number of semitones, that’s why you have to play a few notes on the sax each time i increase or decrease the number of semitones to hear if the track sounds in the same key as the saxophone.

RockinRobin
      Participant

Thanks sx poet for the info. I’m tone deaf so it’s impossible for me to match notes by ear. Anytune water access to my microphone so Anytune can always have access to the mic. Maybe access to the mic might help with matching the notes. The karaoke site is usually spot on but the right key is often not available
        William

Anonymous

No problem glad to be of some use. It’s a great little Ap for practicing, i’m learning to play tunes by memorising the music sheet, instead of looking at the sheet while playing.
          Currently on my 4th song, i cant believe it, but it actually gets easier to play by memory, the more songs you memorise. ie i’m taking less time to cover new songs.

it’s a great feeling to play the sax along with a backing track and not having to look at the music sheet, the only other time in my life that i’ve had this feeling is when i first learned to ride a bike. it is so liberating to be free of the music sheet, and not be a slave to the music sheet. i’m in my sixties, so there’s no excuse for anyone not to have a go.

The best part of the ap, is you can loop any part of the backing track and just practice sections of the sheet until you get it right, in my case until i can play the loop part without looking at the sheet.

Anonymous

i was going to say, one simple way to tell if the sax is playing in the same key as the track, is to play up and down the major scale on your sax while listening to the track, you can soon hear if you are playing in the wrong scale as there will be a lot of discordance in all the notes. When you play up and down a major scale on the sax if you are in the same scale as the backing track, several keys will blend in.

saxomonica
            Participant

Hi Gents, if you try Chordify it works great about $AUD 40 a year after a few free goes
              see link ~

https://chordify.net/chords/neil-diamond-barbra-streisand-songs/you-don-t-bring-me-flowers-chords

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~
              Check out the youtube vid top right screen ya
              Adjecent video is white bar, third from right is TRANSPOSE

Click up 2 for tenor

Also out music chord and time sheet, PRINT

More atopt that bar, DIAGRAMS and OVERVIREW give different raster image including visual metrenome

Cheers

Anonymous

that’s a clever website Saxomonica!

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.