Skip to main content
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Johnny – after looking at the R16 , for a few more bucks i was looking at the R24!

I know this has more tracks than i would need, but there some really good tutorials on youtube for it!

Also the more i look at these track recorders, the more fun it looks physically twiddling with knobs and sliders, than doing it all on a pc!

john
      Keymaster

Yes for home recording we basically have these two options:
        Computer
        Multi-track recorder

There are pros and cons with each and everyone has different needs etc
        Going withe the recorder option as with the zoom you won’t be held hostage by your computer when it decides one of the 3rd party programs or plugins etc isn’t compatible which happens frequently
        What I mean is that these digital recorders are all-in-one and are more stable than going with a pc
        As for the extra tracks…I would be fine with 16 so make sure the options on the 24 are something You really want

Dazza
        Participant

My luck in on fire this weekend. Firstly got my mic interface x2u cheap now just picked up a Boss BR900 8 track digital recorder for $100. Does everything I could want. There is tonnes of these available as I guess guys are always wanting to upgrade. My studio is set to go now!

john
          Keymaster

That should do you quite well Dazza

Michael Bishop
            Participant

So cool Dazza to hear that you got your home-recording stuff set up, very nice 🙂 We’re in our new home next weekend on Nov.1 🙂 🙂 and I have one of the rooms set aside for practice, recording, etc.. I started a collection of pictures of different famous Sax players that I put in frames and will go on my home-recording wall, I think if I remember correctly I have collected a total of 28 pictures that will go up on the wall. Will definately “show off” that collection on upcoming uploads once we get settled it. It’s going to be such a relief for sure to finally be moved in. Thanks much Johnny for the autographed pic you sent me a few months back–had it ready to put up on the wall–looks great in its frame too 🙂

William Cingolani
              Participant

I started relearning how to use my Yamaha AW2400 audio workstation. It’s complicated. Garage band is easier but I like the Yamaha AW2400.I don’t know how to send a finished recording to my computer. I have to burn the song onto a blank CD. We’re working on it. I recorded Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain on the Yamaha.

Anonymous

William – that aw2400 sounds great – not prepared to spend that much unfortunately.

Tomorrow i’m off to a friend of mine who converted one of his rooms into a recording studio, so i shall look into the gear he uses.

William Cingolani
                  Participant

Here’s one I recorded a few years ago on my Yamaha AW2400 studio recorder. I usually make a video to go with the music. I’m also working with an sElectronics Reflexion filter X portable Booth to use with Garage Band. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ReflexionX. I’m on sax, Al Hirt is on trumpet. I don’t know who’s on first.

Anonymous

thanks for sharing William, its great to hear what equipment you guys use & backing track to hear from it! Sounds great, the pro that teaches me has one of those filters in his studio as well – i hope to try it out next week.

William Cingolani
                      Participant

A Christmas music video. “Pretty Paper”. I used Garage Band, a Shure MV51 mic, and a sE Electronics Reflection Filter X portable booth

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.