Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Still can't growl… grrr

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jazz Cat
    Participant

changing reeds, i can get a bit more buzz w/new one (same type; vandoren java green 2.5); i just ordered a mix pack of 2s to test; a lower # may make it esier to growl with?

john
      Keymaster

yes coul;d probably help get the growl a bit easier. but eventually you’ll need to transfer that technique to your reed that you play all the time or else you’re changing down a strength just to growl. but it may help to at least start getting the growl.

Jazz Cat
        Participant

good point; thanks! hopefully a softer 2 will help me start growling; then work on transferring back to 2.5 …helps to test all this stuff

saxomonica
          Participant

Hi @JazzCat itz good news to hear that you are making ground with a softer reed on the growls, i reckon great to hear you can roll your tounge too.
            Maybe you been playing so long it seems alien to roll your tounge with the mouthpiece in, so howz about carrying a mouthpiece around for a while in your pocket and just practicing with it and the tounge rolling at odd moments in the day.

Who are some players that use tounge rolls heaps? L
            isten and jam along.
            Good luck.
            Big toungues are rolling, rollin’, rollin’ on a river …

And here’s a good vid i saw, hey check out especially around 6:00 min
            Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=874gSc8qaXU

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.