Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video xmas & new year

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

this is another drawing done in pen, using various textures to show a real still life drawing. Both drawings have been submtted as part of my art assignments.

http://fav.me/dbtik75

Mel
      Participant

It looks like the pen drawings could be a lot of work. I like em!

Anonymous

With pen drawings, you can’t rub out mistakes, like in pencil drawings.
          Also with pen drawings you cant do various shadings of light and dark tones as the pen ink remains the same colour compared to using a pencil where you can press harder to make it look darker, So with pen you have to use different textures to create shadow and highlights. Each surface of an object that you look at in real life has a different texture, which you can use in the pen, pencil and charcoal drawings. So for example if you look at the sea, you would see wavy lines used as a texture.

The object of these two drawings for assigment submussion, is do a drawing not using the outline of objects ( so im not allowed to draw the ship outline in pencil, i have to draw textures to give the impression that the object looks like a ship etc..)

The reason for practing using textures, leads on into painting later on in the course.

Like you said it takes a lot longer to use textures, i think each drawing took a couple of hours, working very fast. If i used a pencil, and just drew the objects and shaded everything in with lighter and darker pencils, the time spent would be a lot less.

i’ve seveal more drawings to submit to include in my next assignment along with these two, but im several weeks away from doing them.
          enjoy

Anonymous

this is another pen drawing i just finished this evening and took me three and half hours to do, it is drawn from looking at a page in my art course.

http://fav.me/dbtk4q6

Anonymous

a couple of months down the line, there is a chapter on portraits, and if i can get the hang of it, i’ll be being doing one of Johnny, but i’ll only share it if it looks ok (looking forward to trying that out as jf is quite photogenic)

Mel
              Participant

Nicely done sxpoet!

Anonymous

thanks Mel!

website seems to have died, judging from the lack of inactivity!

Or perhaps its full of ghosts! lol

only kidding.

john
                  Keymaster

I\’m working on sub tones with onyx reeds and I learning how to trim Onyx reeds with sand paper. Will my reed geek work on Onyx reeds?

Anonymous

Ghosts! Who you gonna call?

Mel
                      Participant

Good one Jeff! You and Sxpoet sure got some great avatars.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.