Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons How To Play Killier Blues & Rockin Sax Solos With 7 Notes Or Less

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Ya I read your intro post and welcome! Wow you guys were very generous guitar players, all the ones I work with always seem to make sure I’m playing in F# and C#!! That’s a good story.
      Good luck with your new sax and feel free to post questions on any of the lessons here.
      Johnny

richard feuerer
      Participant

Hi Jonny,
        do you know when then had cover version is ready?
        i still waiting about, cose i´m old fashend and i like to have a book. Please tell me what i have to do to get the DVD for learning.

Thank you vvery much, your work is so great and a great insiration for me to play the good old rock´n´roll sound.
        By Rick

john
        Keymaster

Hi Rick, we had started doing this but it’s not available now. I’ve forgotten about it to be honest because everyone has been downloading the eBook version but I’m glad to help you. If you want it transfered on a DVD I can do that and send it to you and then you just need to print out the ebook.
          let me know if this helps.
          Johnny

Gilda Baise
          Participant

Ordered it but haven’t received info on how to find and download the PDF. Receipt No: 5086-5818-6477-2434

john
            Keymaster

Ok will send you an email.
              Johnny

Ted Webb
              Participant

Just downloaded Killer Blues for kindle from Amazon.com Wondering if the music/charts segments (not the text) from Killer Blues are avaialbe in .pdf format so I can print out? I lke to go through the music and pencil in the note sequence above the note(e.g. 1, b3, 1, 1, 5, b7), can’t do that with an e-book!!!

Killer Blues is going to be a great blues/rock resource from a fantastic musician!!! Thanks Johnny!!

john
                Keymaster

When you get to the link that takes you to the video lessons page you will see the music charts there with the videos.
                  You can right click those chart images and select “save image” and then you can print it out.

Ted Webb
                  Participant

Johnny,

Thank you for your prompt and very helpful reply! I’ll give the ‘save image’ a go!!!

One more quick question – another forum member has posted that he feels the most used (concert) keys in Blues and Rock are E, A, G, D, B (in that order).

Would you agree with that? Where would ‘C’ come into that mix???

As a kid that grew up in the fifities listening to Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Fats Dominoe and Jerry Lee Lewis, a big, big ‘thank you’ for keeping the sax sound ‘alive & well’!!!

john
                    Keymaster

Ya, lemme know how that works out for the music sheet.
                      Those are popular keys. Nobody can say that’s that’s the most used order cause every one has different preferences and it comes down to what the singer feels most comfortable in. I do a lot of shows with rock and roll tribute artists (impersonators) such as Elvis, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Jerry lee lewis, Fats Domino, etc and I can tell you the above keys are used a lot plus C and F and even Bb as well.

Jonathan Bautista
                      Participant

Hi Johny,
                        I just bought the ebook but when it was redirected to the site, I did not see the download link for the pdf, it was only a blank page.
                        Please check out my payment.

Could you please send me the direct link for download?
                        Thanks.

Regards,
                        Jon

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.